Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Terrible Beauty

Last night we went to the pub. By 'we', I mean, me and my significant other. "The One". Nuff' Said. Anyway, the pub is A Terrible Beauty. Wonderful place. It has everything one might need in an Irish pub. Great food, drinks (who doesn't need those?), good atmosphere, etc.. Yesterday hit 6pm and all I could think was that I did not want to make dinner and that I did not want zucchini (what was on our menu). What's a girl to do? Go to the pub.

www.renton.komonews.com/content/terrible-beauty-irish-pub

Once there I of course ordered the usual pub fare- fish and chips. Better known as Donaghadee Harbour Codfish 'N Chips. Yum.
This is how they describe it.
"Hot 'n fresh 'n beer battered with Smithwick's Irish Ale and served alongside house cut fries, homemade coleslaw & lemon-dill aioli, or tarter. 9. Add Prawns... 4."
Is anyone not salivating at this description?

Now, I am not a beer girl. Cannot stand the stuff. I like rum and pineapple. Stuff like that. Not beer. Somehow a beer just seemed right though. Ordering it? I was at a loss. Recommended for me was a Magners Hard Cider. Surprisingly enough, I liked it. I liked it enough to finish it.

It was also kareoke practice night at the pub, so we had a ton of free entertainment. Tonight is aparently the real deal. Never know, we might be back. I have a secret yearning to sing "Every Rose Has It's Thorn", but it would take more than one cider!





No comments:

Post a Comment