Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mixed Up

I am MIXED UP. Yes, all caps. There is no other way to put it. Right now I am happy. As we speak. Or as I write. Have it your way. Why is this something to be mixed up about, you ask? Well, I will tell you. I just graduated. Am about to graduate with a second degree. But what am I doing? I am working as a dog walker. And I am HAPPY! I just do not know what to think. What about all my goals, my expectations for myself? As a person with Bipolar, I have things to achieve. Happiness was never necessarily one of those things. But here I am, not saving the world and happy. Very, very mixed up. I love the dogs. I love the alone time. I love that I do not have to talk to people constantly or do paperwork or have silly deadlines or care about things that do not matter to me. Dogs are simple. We walk, play, have treats. Life is sweet for dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment