Thursday, September 8, 2011

There was joy


It wasn't all bad. Stop thinking that. There were good things. Us sitting on the carpet, drinking that red wine that I spilled everywhere (oops), playing Scrabble or Yahtzee, listening to Nickleback. It's a good memory, one I'm hanging on to. The first time I played Lady Gaga for you, and danced, because I was drinking. You laughed. Our first kiss and the way you shook when you touched me. I've never felt before or since that my presence stunned someone so much. Hiking in winter... I think you can remember that one. When we were house-sitting and both so sick, you took such good care of me. Any of those times sitting on the couch eating pizza watching random TV shows after one of my many meltdowns because I needed the quiet time badly. Three Bears sandwiches on the park bench. Chicken bacon ranch in the sunshine. Do you remember? It wasn't all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment