Sunday, January 30, 2011

Horse, Horse, Horse!!!!!!

I've been working at a dressage stable for two weeks now. I clean stalls and feed horses, but I do not ride. Everyday when I am at work I've wondered, "When will I get to ride again?" That was the unanswerable question.
Prior to moving from Montana last June I said that I wouldn't care if I never rode again. Shortly thereafter I realized how wrong I had been. People say that you always want what you don't have and as soon as I couldn't ride I wanted to desperately.
Today I was asking one of the clients at the stable about finding a horse. She mentioned a friend who was looking to do a half-lease on her Thoroughbred gelding. Emails were exchanged and now... Now I am going to see this horse, who is gorgeous, on Tuesday. Just two days away. And if it all works out I will be able to ride him three days a week. Every week. The price is good and the stable is close. His name is.... D. Wouldn't want to give away his anonymity.

No comments:

Post a Comment