Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Two things

Today I did two things that I haven't done in a while. I rode a horse and I voluntarily interacted with my father.

I haven't ridden since just before my accident, back at the beginning of March. Four long months without the pleasures of equine relaxation. Today I couldn't wait any longer. I rode L.L. or the Lazy Lineback. We rode for 30 minutes in the front pasture, mostly at a walk with a small amount of trotting. It felt good to be back in the saddle. (Hello cliche!) Here is L.L. looking annoyed that she has had to work so hard for such a long time!

The other thing about today was seeing Dad. My youngest sister wanted to invite him to her 8th grade promotion (this Thursday) and so I agreed to pass on the date and time. We have spoken since October of 2010. It has been good to be away from him. He aggravates my illness with his illness and his denial. Mostly he just makes me miserable. Today was passable though. As always the visit lasted far longer than it should have. Five hours went by before I escaped again. Seeing my father is taking a detour from sanity and dropping in to Crazyland. You know where you're going from the start but you still have no idea how to get out.


No comments:

Post a Comment